Today marks the end of my actual studying school life. For now. As a diploma student. I don't know whether to be celebrating, or whether to feeling sad. I guess it's how you look at it. It's a new step to actually be working, though I'm doing Publicity, Advertising, Promotions for Trimedia. I'll be in school physically till next February. So, people, do come and visit me at the NewsRoom at Level 7! Hot tea or coffee, or happy food like chocolates would be really fantastic!
I had my final paper today, Media Law. When I opened the question paper, I didn't know whether to laugh out loud, or to chuckle softly.
"Serene, a student at Ngee Ann's School of Film & Media Studies, keeps a weblog at http://www.bimboqueen.blogspot.com. Although the blog is only known to her friends (Ngee Ann as well as elsewere), she has not taken any steps to make the blog private.
One day, one of her lecturers, Mr Sabatini, stumbles across her blog and reads it greedily, looking for gossip about his colleagues and students. To his horror, he finds the following post:
"Mr S is teh worst teecher ever. His course is sooo boring- who wants to know about stupid de-flamation law or copyfights? All he ever teeches us is how to sue sue sue. What's teh point? As if anybody would ever do anything bad to sweet li'l me..."
Apart from the terrible spelling, Mr Sabatini is deeply hurt by the suggestions in the blog post, and decides to "teech" Serene the lesson of her life by suing her for defamation."
(An excerpt taken from Ngee Ann Polytechnic's School of Film & Media Studies, Media Law Exam August 2006)
I kid you not, this was the actual question for one of the Section B essay questions. So, I chuckled to myself quietly (not actually), thinking that the question was pretty funny. And I was thinking, "OMG! Even my blog adress is on the exam paper! And do I sound so whiny and bimbotic in real life?" But honestly, you all know I don't type like that, (Is my English that horrendous?) nor would I say anything defamatory about any lecturers, especially a law lecturer. Haha! That would be like, courting my own death. Right? Heh.
Throughout the entire exam, I kept thinking of referring to Serene as I. But thank God, I didn't. It was damn weird writing about Serene.
If you thought this question was funny, the next question was even funnier. It was about Lois Lane, Superman, Lex Luthor and Martha Kent. Honestly, it was one of the funniest exams I sat for. I had to remind myself time and again that Superman and Lois Lane were my clients, not the characters I see on the big screen.
But I had to say, the paper was sure damn tricky.
So, that marks the end of my Semester 5 in FMS. Imagine that, no more classes. I should really really be rejoicing that I need not hear anymore on "de-flamation law or copyfights".
Just kidding!
Digressing, I'm going to Tioman first week of September with the two pig sisters! Wheee! I'm Malaysian, and I haven't been to Tioman. Shouldn't I be shot? I'm gonna come back with a lovely tan (not peeling skin I hope). My well-deserved break. Hurhur. Snorkelling, tanning, relaxing, being happy, and having good times, HERE I COME!
OK, I'm stinky, I need to shower now. Later!
BimboQueen
8/25/2006 09:52:00 pm