<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6648481?origin\x3dhttp://bimboqueen.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Inspired by Mabel's entry, I decided to do the same. I can feel the laziness getting to my bones. So, I thought I'll take the opportunity to do this. Shin has done hers. So has Mabel. So has Ming. I'm the last. And I've been writing this entry since the 4th of April. It has been 22 days and I'm just completing it. Mental block plus a dash of laziness.

I'm hitting eighteen this year and when I look back at the past seventeen years, I ask myself what have I achieved but sadly I don't think I've achieved anything that great in life unless you count winning the Talentime competition back in Grade 5 or the singing competition back in Grade 3 when I was still studying in Gandhi Memorial International School in Jakarta. I realised I don't have much to be proud of from the days in Woodlands Primary School, Assumption English School or Bukit Panjang Govt High School. I think I got into more trouble than having achievements.

There's one thing which I'm remotely happy about, which is the circle of friends that've managed to grow from a small number. For people who know me, friends play a very important part of my life. Along the way, I've made acquaintances whom I just say a hi-and-bye too when I meet them occasionally in school or in town, or in the bus or just about anywhere. There are some friends where I can strike up conversations with when I see them, some friends though we don't contact one another but when we do meet up or bump into one another, we're able to have good conversations and we even have fun, some friends whereby we share a sense of closeness despite having not seen one another for a period of time and some friends who are always at the back of my mind throughout the day.

I know this may sound insane, but when I look around be it home or out, it just brings a smile to my face because certain things remind me of certain people who have really made a difference in my life this year.

These four girls have made a difference in my life.




Our favourite.

At the start of the term, all of us hung around with other people. We moved around from one clique to another and finally, it ended with the five of us together. We've been through so much together this year. All the late nights and sleepovers for Bauhaus and LocVid, all the bitching sessions and all the hanging out. I'm proud to have friends like you all in my life. To these four very special girls, thank you for everything. Thank you for all the fun and laughter we shared, thank you for enduring my bitchyness, bimbotism, stupidity, whines, my attraction to retarded boys, me always falling asleep first during our project discussions, getting myself into trouble and my other long list ridiculous doings.

Jenny, the prettiest one among all of us, you've never failed to make me laugh when you get angry or when you are swearing at a particular somebody. And as Zixin did mention before, I wish you would open up to us more sometimes. We have different tastes in music, clothes, boys but I'm glad we managed to make the best of everything. There's just this thing between us. :) I remember the first day I saw you, I was like ohmygosh, she's an ahlian but a year has passed, and you have managed to prove me wrong. She's just a girl with very good brains and a very pretty japdoll face.

Mabel, the girl who always manages to attract NS men, the girl who whines non stop about having to go for softball classes on Wednesdays, the girl who has lost her mobile so many times, the girl who was in the same IS class with me for two semesters, the girl who never fails to amaze me with her hidden talents and the girl who's my other half in cam-whoring. You never left me much of a first impression except that she was this very quiet girl who happened to be in the same IS class as me. I remember at the end of Radio Workshop, we were asking around who was in the same CATS class as so-and-so and I was happy that I had at least you in the same CATS class as me.

Ming, our boss, the Bauhaus boss. I'm in awe cos you're a geek. Whee. You're a computer whizz and I never expected myself to click with you. I didn't really have an impression of you. Guess you were just insignificant. Kidding lah. Ming's very to the point, she's not a backstabber like some people make her out to be. If she doesn't like you, she'll show it. That's what I like most about you, you don't keep thoughts to yourself. And I'm proud of you for being the strong girl you always are.


Zixin, the brains of our clique. She's the smartest one. The number of ADs she gets in one semester, I'll never be able to get it for the whole of three years of my poly life. Okay, maybe the rest of them also smart except for meeeehee. On first impression, I thought she was damn quiet. HAHA. No, I'm sooo wrong. You're as noisy as me lah. You're brilliant, trust me, that comes from the heart. I never thought I would be able to click with someone so "brainy". But besides the smart side of you, there's another fun side which only her friends see and I'm glad I have seen that side of you. :)


Mabel's missing.


Mabel's still missing.


Though Mabel abandoned us, we're still happy bytches.


I love our boss dearly. -smooch-


Did you know these three geeks can't live without books?


Actually, all of us love the boss so much, we can't help but give her a smooch.


Happy happy people with beautiful smiles.


Yay, I'm bimboQUEEN.


We're all princesses actually. -beams-


Too much headroom.


Ming just had to stick her tongue out.


Ming just had to spoil the picture with her teeny eyes. NAHAHAHA!


Told you we're princesses. We have an uhhh... not-so-nice-looking-castle.




Picture perfect. A very happy family.


Look what Bauhaus and Medisoc did to our poor boss.


The Citrus family.


Eeyer, why Ming never kiss me? -weeps-


I want the lollipop in Shin's hand.


Jenny, stop winking at every passing guy can?


Why am I the only one with bunny ears? Tell me you love my bunny ears!

Before I even entered MassComm, I've heard all those horror stories about friends backstabbing one another because of projects and so on. When I stepped into class on first day, I told myself I won't set a too-high expectation of being able to find really good friends. I'm glad I was proved wrong in this aspect, because, I managed to find four gems who don't mix work and play and at the same time are great workmates, playmates and bytchmates? Projects wouldn't have been so bearable if not for the four of you all. Screwed up school days wouldn't have been so bearable if not for the four of you all. I would not have had so much laughter if not for the four of you all.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being the friends I've always yearned to have.

Much love,
Serene


BimboQueen
4/26/2005 06:30:00 pm

|


The BimboQueen


Serene Loo; Femme; 19 September 1987; Nineteen going on Twenty; Mass Communication Graduate; Account Management Executive; Nightlife; Retail therapy & more retail therapy; Very trigger happy; hayzelle@hotmail.com